[Towertalk] covering unused PL259 ? CoaxSeal NO

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] covering unused PL259 ? CoaxSeal NO
From: w7ni@easystreet.com (Stan & Patricia Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 21:59:53 -0700
Well, gee whiz, Guys,

I know I have mentioned this at least twice before, but Coax Seal is
soluable in gasoline and you can wash connectors pretty clean with it.  Of
course you have to be careful since it is so flammable and it leaves a
greasy film on the connector, but then you wash it once more in alcohol and
it comes out real nice.

It is probably better to wrap the connector in electrical tape  first and
use Coax Seal over the top of the tape if you decide to use Coax Seal in
this application.

Stan
w7ni@easystreet.com