[Towertalk] Tower base "solution"

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Towertalk] Tower base "solution"
From: wa2moe@firstinter.net (Stu Greene)
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:17:41 -0700
At 11:09 AM 4/4/02 -0800, Chris BONDE wrote:
>With the SARCASM do I detect something like, "This might be an idea that
>will catch aon and it will ruin my business?" Note sarcasm.  It was just
>an idea that I have talked over with some others.  If the lamp standards,
>traffic control lights etc can use pre-cast blocks, and if, easier
>and  heaper why cannot ham towers.  Maybe you are correct in the engineer
>but why not have the engineer sign off on the cast in the hole, whcih cold
>be less controllable.

Some questions:  Do you have the tower in question?  Are you a professional
engineer?  Are you suggesting that a PE sign off on something which the
manufacturer strongly recommends and which might be required by building codes?

And finally, this is a sarcastic question, why do you impute self interest
in the advice a knowledgeable professional installer gave without
compensation?

Tacky