[TowerTalk] evaluating Antenna Software

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] evaluating Antenna Software
From: alwilliams@olywa.net (Al Williams)
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2002 01:19:05 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Olinger, K2AV" <k2av@contesting.com>

snip
> It is the DREAM of any model writer to predict actual data accurately.
> It's what makes them drool, dream, and stay up late nights dinking
> with the methods. The instinctive motivation of these guys is to make
> the models better, not generate cheap excuses for cutting corners.
>
> The one who knows MOST the weaknesses of making something map to real
> data is the software writer.
snip

Although it has been ten years since I retired, I still remember some
of what I studied in obtaining a degree in Software Engineering.
Unless things have changed or model software writing is different,
the software writer i.e. designer and coder should not be the ones
responsible for finding the weaknesses in their work.

Like the fox guarding the chicken, weaknesses are best found by
independents trained and motivated in software testing techniques.

Still, I agree with the general theme of Guy's posting ,except I suspect
asking readers to read the NEC software is quite a stretch.

k7puc

Order online at http://store.eham.net.

-----