[TowerTalk] The Source of Anti-Ham CC&R's

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] The Source of Anti-Ham CC&R's
From: kbottles@rafn.com (Kim Bottles)
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:46:08 -0800
I noticed a local development here on Bainbridge Island had CC&R's that
specifically did not allow ham radio antennas.

So I called up the developer and asked him why he had that language in
his CC&R's.
He had no clue what was in his CC&R's, he had just asked his attorney to
attach some CC&R's to the development.

So I called up the attorney and asked her why the CC&R's included a ban
on ham radio antennas.
She had no clue, she had just copied some CC&R's some other attorney had
given her.

Sounds like there is some negative momentum occurring in the CC&R world.

I am now attempting to convince the developer and his attorney that ham
radio restrictive CC&R's are not a good idea.
It is an uphill battle because they do not see where eliminating the
restrictions on ham radio has any benefit for them.

Fortunately, they are being quite civil about the whole matter, but I
may not make any progress with them.

I believe we will have to get protection from CC&R's from Congress, if
that is possible.

Warmest regards for a great 2002 to all,

Kim Bottles - K7IM