[TowerTalk] TX-455 Wind Loading

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TX-455 Wind Loading
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 08:58:31 -0700

On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 10:21:36 -0500 "Scott & Sherry Souva"
<ssouva@twcny.rr.com> writes:
> US Tower advertises that their TX-455 tower will handle 18 sq. feet
> antennas
> at 50 mph winds.  Does anyone know what the wind loading is at 70
> mph?  I
> believe the 70 mph wind speed this is the standard for the Uniform
> Building
> Code, correct?

The only place I have seen this tower rating for 70mph is on a
competitor's web site, http://www.firstcallcom.net, where it's
included in a table comparing it to Tri-ex towers. The figure
given is 12.3 sq. ft. at 70 mph.

The UBC rating varies with location. Your building permit dep't
can give you the requirements. For Yuma County, AZ it's
70 mph, Exposure C, Seismic Level 4.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com