[TowerTalk] set the record straight

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] set the record straight
From: Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com (Michael Tope)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:22:21 -0800
FWIW, a friend of mine in Thousand Oaks, Ca bought a Tri-Ex crank-up from
First Call. Despite long delays, lots of phone calls to Tri-Ex and First Call
(my
friend jokes that First Calls motto should be "your First Call won't be your
last),
his tower was finally delivered from Tri-Ex's facility in Visalia last fall.
From what
I can see, it was worth the wait. It is a very nice tower. The galvanize
finish,
unlike Rohn, is very clean, and the tower looks to be built like the proverbial
brick outhouse.

>From what I could gather from my friends situation, this was a case of demand
outpacing supply and a salesman's reluctance to turn away perspective buyers
(perhaps a case of misguided optimism about the manufacturers capabilities).
Hopefully, the switch to Will-Burt will remedy some of the supply problems with
what appears to be a very nice product. I would personally consider buying one
once it is demonstrated that the new manufacturer is able to deliver the
product.

P.S. I have no financial or business interest in Tri-Ex, First Call, or Will
Burt