[TowerTalk] Hy-Gain dropping amateur line

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain dropping amateur line
From: mcduffie@scottsbluff.net (Gary McDuffie, Sr.)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 15:54:36 -0600
I just got off the phone with Hy-Gain/Telex.  During the conversation,
it came out that they were just informed today that the entire amateur
line is being sold.  This includes rotors.

I hate to see this happen, as they have always provided me with really
good customer service.  In fact, I was just about to post a pat on the
back to them.

I have recently purchased a used HG54HD.  I called the factory and
ordered the "base foundation" that goes in the cement hole.  When I
measured the leg spacing and other things, it just didn't look right to
me.  After some phone conversations, they offered to send another one
out.  I had a problem with this on two counts.  First, if the first one
was damaged in shipping, the second one could also be damaged.  Second,
I had already welded the bottom half to the top half and it would be a
mess separating them.

I told them I was willing to drive down there and have them put it on
the jig to prove that it was right and set my mind at ease, if they
would have me.  They said if I was willing to do that, they were
certainly willing to stop whatever they were doing at the time and check
it out.  They did just that, plus gave a tour of the plant.  The peace
of mind was worth the 900 mile round trip.

This is a great bunch of people, and I hate to lose them in a sellout.

Roger, you're probably the only one to read this of the group who helped
me in the plant.  I really appreciated the hospitality shown by you,
Linda, Christie, Jack, Jim, and the supervisor back in the welding shop
(sorry, name got lost in the shuffle and dead synapses).  Thank you very
much.

Now, where can I order parts?!

Gary - AGØN
--
Please notify me immediately if you don't receive this.