[TowerTalk] unknown tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] unknown tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 10:54:41 EDT
In a message dated 98-10-10 09:22:19 EDT, rjaco@bga.com writes:

> I have a 100' self supporting tower. Each section is 20" in length and
>  has 3 legs, with a 4 bolt flange on each leg. It was removed from a
>  local hospital and is in very good shape. I have seen several identical
>  one around town. I would like some help in identifying the manufacturer
>  and specs. for installation of the base and additional hardware. On the
>  bottom of each leg there are part numbers such as VL345 , VL346 etc. I
>  was told it was a Microflect but when I called them and described it
>  they said it wasn't theirs. Perhaps it a Valmont? Can anyone help?

       Leg diameters? Solid or tubing? This configuration is pretty common so
it could be any number of manufacturers.

      I would suspect Rohn SSV(RTP). Check your Rohn catalog specs to see if
they match up.

      BTW Valmont makes monopoles and they pruchased Microflect a couple of
years ago so they could add lattice towers to their product line.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC