[TowerTalk] Neat tramming trick

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Neat tramming trick
From: wf3h@enter.net (bob puharic)
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 06:22:14 +0000

Pete Smith wrote:

> Since this is antenna time for many of us, I though I'd pass along a neat
> trick that Dave Fueschel, my neighbor, professional tower man, and
> (unfortunately) a non-ham, showed me today.

was watching an old submarine movie from ww2 on the history channel
yesterday...scenes, according to the resident talking heads (professional
historians) were quite accurate...

the things you notice, though...2 subs were transferring material between
them...they used a tram line with an upside down pulley, and a tag line
attached to the material being transferred...

and we thought it was a new idea!!