[TowerTalk] Hinge Base for Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hinge Base for Rohn 25
From: readerl@goliath.sunyocc.edu (Larry Reader)
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 1998 14:54:05 -0400

We use a hinged base for the 40 meter tower at WP2Z.  Bought a homebrew
base 5 years ago for $50 that has worked fine.  Recently, however,
noticed that the welded on hinges are fatiguing.  Called our local Rohn
dealer about a "real Rohn" hinged base for R25 and was quoted over
$300.  Since we are basically talking about two pieces of steel, three
pieces of pipe and a hinge, thought that was a little steep.

Anyone know of or have a R25 hinged base units for sale?  I can get one
fabricated but thought I'd try the "anyone out there got one" route
first.

Thanks!

Larry
KE2VB