[TowerTalk] Ground rod insertion - progress report

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ground rod insertion - progress report
From: KJ6Y@aol.com (KJ6Y@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:04:13 -0400 (EDT)
I've been using a Bosch Hammer for many years noe for pounding in ground
rods. They do make a special toll for the hammer for ground rods, cost about
$60.00-$70.00. I don't have that attachment and the hammer works just fine.
If you do hit a really herd spot the end of the ground rod will spread out,
but it's rare and if it does get too big for the clamp I cut off the 2 inches
after the rod is all the way in.
This sure beats driving them in with a sledge hammer.
Skip. KJ6Y
Communications Service Co.
http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html