[TowerTalk] Open Wire Entry To Shack?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Open Wire Entry To Shack?
From: aa6eg@tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 1997 07:43:38 -0700 (PDT)
Have been reading the mail, and have a question regarding how much
distance should be held beteween open wire line and adjacent conductors,
be they, other coax runs, antennas rotor cables, etc.  We at N6IJ are
running 450 ohm "window" ladder line thru a plexiglass panel, but want to
also run other contductors.  We also have a TCI commercial/Military
Balun, 50 to 600 ohm, with the parallel terminals about 10" apart,
requiring heavy diameter parallel conductors to maintain the 600 ohm
impedance.  How far away from a 10 inch spaced parallel conductor, should
we keep other conductors?

Tnx, 73, de Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ, The Contest Station from the government...
aa6eg@tmx.com