[TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Connectors and the weatherproofing
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:48:31 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-03-24 13:13:59 EST, blckhole@ripco.com (Keith Morehouse
- W9RM) writes:

> The UV performance of ScotchKote is poor, to say the least.  In my
>  experience (I use it all the time and have plenty of it on my work
>  clothes to prove it...), the stuff will cease to be a conformal coating
>  and begin crazing and cracking off after about 6-8 months in the Midwest
>  - probably a lot faster in the South.

     That's true but that technique is still the standard from 3M to the
utility companies.

     Scotchkote was primarily intended for application to buried (no UV
problem) cables and does a great job of keeping out water and other yucky
materials like oils, etc.  Sounds like a good case for application of the
spray urethane for use with outdoor coax joints.

73,  Steve  K7LXC