Topband: 9M6/DJ2EH

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 9M6/DJ2EH
From: Steve Harrison <k0xp@k0xp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 06:48:40 -0800
Some excitement this morning on Topband when 9M6/DJ2EH showed up. He was
first spotted by JA7GYP at 1315Z, but I heard nothing. Later, at 1333Z,
K7ZV began calling but apparently no answer. At 1342Z, VK6GX spotted
him, but still nothing here. Then at 1356Z, W7RH, not far from me, began
calling but again, apparently no answer. Finally, however, I could tell
he was in there on my screen. At 1405Z, he came up out of my noise, hit
559, and at 1410Z, N9RV worked him easily while calling off freq a
couple hundred Hz. He continued to CQ with  W7RH, K7ZV and myself
calling variously both on and off-freq,  but I didn't hear him reply to
any of us. Last time I heard him was about five minutes after both W7RH
and K7ZV had stopped calling by about 1420Z. I don't find any info on
him so don't have any idea how long he will be there, nor what he's
running. I ran across him last night on two other bands but both times,
he seemed to abruptly stop CQing after working a couple JAs.

Earlier this morning, I heard JH1HDT CQing with a modest 559, not as
strong as he's been on recent days, and a very weak JA7 calling CQ in
the weekly AWT contest. One day last week, there were over a dozen JAs
CQing AWT, some as strong as 559, and HL5IVL hitting S9+10.

Steve, K0XP