Topband: Trans-polar EU condx at VE6WZ

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Trans-polar EU condx at VE6WZ
From: "ve6wz@shaw.ca" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2024 16:32:44 +0000
For the last few days the band has been opening up over the pole into VE6.
Last night after movie time with the xyl I had 9 EU CW QSOs between 600-625z.

A few signals were exceptionally strong including Stig OZ4MM.
By 630z it seemed the band faded out.

Checking the MW band proves to be a pretty reliable indicator of 160m
conditions.
The powerhouse signals like Vesti FM 1413kHz from Moldova, and R. Baltic on
1386 kHz from Lithuania have been quite good here.

This season since Aug. I have managed to squeeze out 78 EU CW QSOs on 160m.
Here is a link to the VE6WZ seasonal 160m EU total list:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RKcnS4jd_anas-ljlzbokocrmuv3qanb/view?usp=sharing

73, de steve ve6wz
Sundre, AB