Topband: CW Activity Last Night

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: CW Activity Last Night
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 17:14:10 -0000
Good to see lots of stations on Top Band last night !

Signals were pretty good across the Pond, and peaking around 0300Z . . . .
curiously the band seemed to fade out after 0400Z.

Sadly, I still have a local noise coming from the West of me (the direction
my Receive Loop is pointing, which usually yields a 10dB lower noise level
than my Tx antenna) . . .

As a result, I heard a few stations call me, which I couldn't properly copy,
with QSB in and out of the noise. So apologies if you were one of those. I
hope to get this noise source sorted soon.

Anyway, thank you to all the stations that made the effort to come on 160m,
and especially those who took my advice to SPOT stations on the DX Cluster
(which certainly helps)

Maybe we'll have even more activity next weekend !

73 Roger G3YRO