Topband: Big Stew Perry 2023

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Big Stew Perry 2023
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2024 18:12:50 -0000
Well we had big storms again here in Britain a week ago . . . and the 10ft
tall remains of a tree that I had a big pole lashed to (to hold the far end
of my Dipole) was snapped off at the base !

So after the holiday I ordered a big angle iron . . . got it delivered . . .
painted it with Hammerite . . . dug a big hole . . . concreted in the angle
iron . . . then got the pole lashed to it, and then the  Dipole back up . .
. all in time for this weekend's Stew Perry Contest . . .

But as others have mentioned, lousy conditions !

I popped on the band three times during the night . . . and only
heard/worked 6 North American Stations. Even most Europeans were weaker than
normal.

Anyway . . . Happy New Year to all TopBanders !

73 Roger G3YRO