Re: Topband: Stew Perry - first time entry

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry - first time entry
From: W3HKK@roadrunner.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 21:13:50 +0000
XYL has been in a moving furniture mood for several months. Fri she
had the visiting son in law move the home entertainment
center/TV/furniture. So Ive been trying to find the right wires for
the right speakers/devices ever since. A couple HDMI cables are too
short due to the chosen furniture relocation spots. Had to cobble
together 25 ft of tv cable to get the TV working in time for the Peach
Bowl.

I missed the most active SP evening hours, but somewhere around 2 am I
remembered the SP so came into the shack. Nice quiet cndx. Good sigs
from VE7- W6, W7 land and a handful of Carrib dx + KH6. No euros or SA
heard. Band was moderately active so I stayed up til 4am local, caught
2 hrs of sleep and operated til around 7:30am Ohio time.

164 Q's,
110 GS
c. 4 hrs ota.

Noticed as SR approached the QRN really began to pick up, so I pulled
the plug and slept into the afternoon.

Nice casual operating.

Will submit the log next year ( tomorrow.)