Re: Topband: K9AY minimum spacing from TX

To: <ash.kf5eyy@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY minimum spacing from TX
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 12:40:24 -0600
Ash,

The answer is "as far as necessary"! There seems to be a lot of variation in
the degree of interaction with towers and other antennas. Every QTH is
different.

I suppose 100 feet is a good starting distance. The minimum I've installed the
loops at my own QTH is 75 ft from an Inv-L. Had no problem, but I think the
Inv-L was at least partly detuned during receive by the T/R switch open circuit
and length of coax.

Just try it, then be prepared to do some investigation if it doesn't work out.

And yes, trees are not a problem.

73, Gary
K9AY