Topband: New BOG rx system at VE6WZ

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: New BOG rx system at VE6WZ
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:08:00 -0700
Today I finally finished my 2 part YouTube video series that describes my new
BOG rx system and the feed point amplifiers I built to work with them.

This is my second winter season using this RX system of single wires, numerous
broadside phased pairs, and a BSEF 4 element array.

Part 1 shows how I installed these short 300'-400’ wires in the field to keep
them slightly elevated above the ground.
I describe how I feed them with a unique trans-impedance amplifier and talk
about how they perform compared to my elevated 1,000’ conventional Beverages.
This summer I flew my drone out to 1 km and measured the pattern to compare to
modelling.  I used both a 160m and MW (1.2 MHz) signal source.
The short summary is these antennas have exceeded my expectations. By a lot.
Quite simply I was surprised.

Part 2 shows detail of the feed point amplifier and provides construction
detail as well as links to order your own PCBs if you want to build some
yourself.
This amplifier is a modification of a design by John W1FV and is what I have
been using for 3 years in my 9 circle RX array.
It uses a high performance RF amp and has been designed for low noise and high
dynamic range.
I also include PCB gerber links an talk about the board design that will work
as direct drop in for a HI-Z array.

Part 1 the BOG RX system: https://youtu.be/_LkaRpsiB60
<https://youtu.be/_LkaRpsiB60>

Part 2 the TI amplifier: https://youtu.be/Th-uoh5l1qE