Topband: Timor Leste report #7

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Timor Leste report #7
From: Dietmar Kasper <dl3dxx@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:25:32 +0100
GM topbanders
Last night I thought it was the most worst night of the DXped but this night
topped it.
Made only about 30 CW QSOs and OE2VEL worked a few in FT8 but mostly stations
we already
had worked in CW.
Actually the night started good with two times VE7 and W6 just after sunset,
sorry was
few minutes late to work KP4AA because dinner came too late. Worked N4WW with
good
signal but later signals dropped down.
I see it when VE6WZ skimmer signal strength falls below 10dB it is pretty hard
to hear
anybody here in the tropic noise.
Complete night we had terrible QRN from nearby thunderstorm causing s9 crashes
all the
time. There was almost no sunrise peak so all the callers remained in the noise.
It only can become better. Still some time to continue
73 Dietmar DL3DXX