Topband: Radial Attachment Plate

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Radial Attachment Plate
From: Stan Stockton <wa5rtg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 17:25:29 -0500
In preparing to head to ZF9CW in about ten days, I wanted to take something
that would allow me to do a better job on my radials under my shunt fed
tower. With the thing so close to salt water the detriment is that
everything corrodes in a short period of time.

I was looking for something to help solve my  problem and found this on
Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08N6X576D?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

You can add however many you want to size a square or most any shape to
surround a vertical or tower.  I will likely use 8 of them to make a square
to go around a 55G tower if I decide to use that one someday.  In my case,
since I cannot run radials onto my neighbors property I will only use three
of them to go around my 25G tower.  The holes are M6 size.  I put together
four of these plates in a square and have stainless steel M6 hardware
installed in the 28 holes.  Even for this small version you could have 3
radials to each connection point and have 84 radials.

If you are interested send me an email and I will send you a picture of the
thing put together.
I think it will help with my corrosion problem and wanted to share the
information.

73...Stan, K5GO/ZF9CW/ZF5T