Topband: Poor Conditions

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Poor Conditions
From: "Roger Kennedy" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 23:09:21 +0100
Hi JC

Well I agree that's it's much easier these days to work lots of new
countries . . . but that's because a lot more countries are now allowed on
160m, and also because there are lots more DX-peditions.

But when I talk about Propagation being poor compared to over 20 years ago,
I'm talking about how much weaker signals have generally been on 160m.
Actual signal strength on a calibrated S Meter.

Lots of the same stations are still on the band . . . but rarely are they as
strong as they used to be. (and I'm talking about at all parts of the
Sunspot Cycle)

73 Roger G3YRO