Topband: 4W8X propagation

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 4W8X propagation
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2023 15:07:50 -0400
I wrote a brief summary of a propagation prediction for the upcoming 4W8X
expedition team which they have posted on their website:

http://www.timor-leste-dx.de/operating/lowbands.php

I'd like to recommend the PROP7R5 DOS program which has now been publicly
released on author VE7VV's website:

https://qsl.net/ve7vv/  (scroll down to PROPAGATION PREDICTION)

As I said in the article, this is the best program I 've ever seen for
160/80 propagation including long/skew paths and it agrees well with my
on-air experience.  Since nearly all 160 propagation is skewed to some
extent (unless the A/K indices are ZERO) option 3 is best if you want to
run simulations for any path.  The interface is not the easiest to use but
IMO the results are well worth your effort.  If there is confusion, I may
post a reply here but no direct emails please!

73 & GL!

Bill  W4ZV

P.S.  DOS can be run on recent versions of Windows using DOSBox (dosbox.com
).