Topband: BEV for 160 vs Array

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: BEV for 160 vs Array
From: Dennis W0JX via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2023 17:07:30 +0000 (UTC)
Bob,I second Frank's recommendation. Hi-Z systems newest combiner allows the
side measurement to be as small as 65 feet on a side and maintain good phasing.
I removed my two 450 foot beverages long ago.
I have a Hi-Z system, 80 feet on a side in my front yard and my 160 TX antenna
in the back yard. Another very good system is the YCCC three in line array. See
VE5WZ's web site for details. That system is 84 feet per side and works 160
through 40 meters.
73 Dennis W0JX