Re: Topband: Stew Perry Topband Challenge this weekend

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Topband Challenge this weekend
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 19:43:32 -0700
On 6/16/2023 8:13 PM, GEORGE WALLNER wrote:
Common darkness with EU will be very short, just after my SS.

I'm sure George knows this, but for others reading the mail, on all of the lower bands (160, 80, 60, and 40) there is usually a propagation peak on the daylight side of the terminator. On 160M, it's 30-40 minutes, double that on 80, and doubled again on 40M.

One of the most common dumb things that expeditions to is move to higher bands at the first sign of daylight. Here in NorCal, the Stew starts as dawn is breaking, and we all get on and work that first 45 minutes, mostly working AS.

73, Jim K9YC