Re: Topband: CQWWDX -CW W3HKK results

To: "'topband@contesting.com'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQWWDX -CW W3HKK results
From: W3HKK@roadrunner.com
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2022 19:11:24 +0000
Good to hear from you Nick.

Here in Ohio, W3HKK worked 160-10m. ( on all bands I worked one
Russian, confirming your observations.) Also worked a handful of
northern europeans ( SM LA OH) - just a fraction of their normal
levels. Nothing heard from zones 17-18-19, or from 22-23-24-26-28, and
as well 30-34.

On Top Band, I had 12 qsos, with seven countries and seven zones
CR3W NP2J PJ2T PJ4K V26K XE2X & assorted VE's. Heard a couple Euros
but too weak to make it past the Euro and US East Coast walls.

80-40-20-15 were pretty good.

But my main focus was 10m with a new home-made Moxon at 1/2 wavelength
high ( 16') where I made 49% of my total contacts. Worked
VK-ZL-5W-KH6-KL7, but no JAs or other Pacific/Asians. Africa, the
Indian Ocean, Middle East were surprisingly active, but openings were
limited in scope and duration. Northern latitudes were MIA. AH2R was
worked on 15 and 20m (LOUD), including multiple stations.

W3HKK has 515 total Q's, and a raw score of 475k in 20 hrs of
operating.

Bob