Re: Topband: History of directional MF antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: History of directional MF antennas
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2022 12:15:00 -0700
On 3/30/2022 10:25 AM, Grant Saviers wrote:
The reference book of patterns for 2 and 3 element verticals is
Directional Antennas, by Carl E. Smith, E.E., Cleveland Institute of Radio Electronics, 1946
and is available in pdf from scribd.com

I worked for Pete Johnson as a young EE student. He and Carl wrote the AM technical Rules after WWII. Carl ran a tech school, as I recall, CREI (Cleveland Radio Electronics Institute). Pete was a master at designing AM arrays.

73, Jim K9YC