Re: Topband: 8Q7WM Z-22 in VE6

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 8Q7WM Z-22 in VE6
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2022 12:27:48 -0800
On 3/1/2022 10:39 AM, Renee K6FSB wrote:
just as I was starting to get it together, I had my 160 antennas come down a few years ago due to trees dying, then after beginning to put things back then snow takes things down...(ok falling branches brought things down, did not even get a chance to use them)

Yes, that is an ongoing problem with receive antennas and elevated radials. I moved here from Chicago when I was a year or two younger than you.

...now this pot grow
light stuff is wreaking havoc here in rural CA.

Something here does not compute. qrz.com shows your QTH next to a freeway in the SF Bay Area.

I live in the mountains about 80 miles south of you, where the overwhelming RFI sources are switch-mode power supplies that come with everything that plugs into the wall, variable-speed motor controllers, and solar systems. And, of course, arcing from defective components on power lines.

..I almost ready to go to
war....i know I will loose....so you are not the only one having ( in my opinion- illicit) drug growing RFI related issues .

Pot is legal in California, and is mostly grown outdoors.

73, Jim K9YC