Topband: Square "loop" antenna for 160

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Square "loop" antenna for 160
From: Radio KH6O <radio.kh6o@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 18:22:23 -0800
Colleagues,

I have to live with CC&R homeowner restrictions. I plan to erect a disguise
wire antenna around the perimeter of my roof; total length will be about
190 feet. Elevation will be about 20 feet above ground and will be fed with
150 ohm twin lead.*

My question is: Should this be a continuous loop or should the point
opposed the feedline be terminated with an insulator, thus giving two
95-foot legs?

73,
Jeff KH6O
Naval Air Staiton Point Mugu, CA

* 150 ohm twin lead: It consists of two parallel lengths of 75 ohm TV coax
with the copper braids soldered together at each end; the inner conductors
act as a parallel feedline. See the ARRL Antenna Book, August 2000 edition,
for details.