Re: Topband: New combiner for W1FV receive antenna array

To: tony.kaz@verizon.net
Subject: Re: Topband: New combiner for W1FV receive antenna array
From: VE6WZ Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2022 18:03:06 -0700 (MST)
Yes.
I just finished a new 9 circle PCB combiner board that uses Murata SMD chokes
at each vertical input, at the rx out, and I use these devices for the
Magic-T’s and the 180 deg phase flip transformer.
This new design does not require any outboard chokes, and assembly is easier
since only two binocular cores need to be made.

But….yikes…literally it was just last week that I finished soldering up my
first board and tested it with the VNA.
Maybe someone else has designed one, but if not, then word travels fast!

Unlike my other 9 circle combiner board design, this one does not have an
integrated 2N5109 amp on the board. Also, the footprint is bigger than my
previous design so it makes access to the F connectors easier. I also include
an integrated pin-out for the relay control and I have included gas discharge
tubes on the control lines.

My plan is to make my pcb design available to anyone that wants to build one in
either KiCad format or a zipped Gerber format.

In the next few weeks I hope to provide some documentation, and or a YouTube
showing detail.

73, de Steve Ve6wz

From Babcocks iPhone