Topband: Pennant and Flag Questions

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Pennant and Flag Questions
From: Chris Maness <christopher.maness@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2022 11:06:57 -0800
I have just purchased a very small flat antenna from DX Engineering.
I had the idea of using it as a sense antenna to cancel noise.  I
would put the null on the DX station, and phase cancel the rest.  I am
not sure if I am the only one doing this.  The description of the loop
I want to use is in the March 2021 issue of QST.  It is being used for
RFI DFing, but I have been playing around with it on the lowbands and
I find that it is a pretty quiet RX antenna that may be nice to
install permanently (weatherized of course) on a rotor.  I have a very
modest and noisy location.  My TX antenna is fed with a 5:1 UnUn that
works surprisingly well on the low bands.  RX and local QRN has been
the show stopper here.  I am really new to operations in the lower
bands 80 and 160m though being a ham for 35 years.  I am almost
totally CW operator.

Good to meet you guys,
de Chris KQ6UP SK ..