Re: Topband: Wednesday Night Activity

To: Cecil acuff <chacuff@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wednesday Night Activity
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 17:25:05 -0500
Hello Cecil

I'll bet you had a rough time with the QRN between you and the DX!!

I wonder if the QRN dropped off between 0000 and 05;30 UT?  When I was on, it was bad, but I could get calls after maybe 2 or three repeats of just the call.  The noise was low in between crashes, so maybe things had improved. Looking at the Lightning website, the line of storms looked pretty bad after midnight.  I was not there earlier to compare things.

Looking at tonight, the storms are centered in GA and SC, so things will be bad tonite as well. I will be on again for a bit after about 03:00.