Re: Topband: Ground loop isolator that passes DC

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground loop isolator that passes DC
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2021 15:34:32 -0600
I 'think' what Chuck is trying to do is install  a lightening protector at his coax entrance panel.

The problem with lightening protectors is the blocking of DC and you can't send voltage to the switch, pre-amp or what ever your trying to power over the coax.

My solution, good or bad, was to install a box outside my shack that includes a 12v power supply and the bias T.  I inserted the bias-t on the antenna side of my lightening protectors.  Inside the box I have an aluminum plate which is grounded to my system ground.  If I can I'll post a picture as it shows how items are attached to the aluminum plate.

Rich - N5ZC