Topband: First EU this season

To: topband List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: First EU this season
From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 08:20:13 -0600
The geo-mag activity and solar wind finally settled down enough last night to
allow the band to open over the pole into VE6.

Gord VE6SV was calling CQ earlier in the evening and I saw him spotted by TF4X
so I decided to start some CQ.
I was also spotted by TF4X a few times, but around 0400z Mike F5IN started up
CQ and I was very surprised how strong he was.  He peaked just around his SR.

We QSO'd at 0410, and then at bit later Pat ON7PQ answered my CQ.

It's always great to see the band opening up in August!

Here is a recording of Mike F5IN calling CQ last night.  The QRN was not too
bad on the EU Beverage pair since the mid-west T-storms are mostly off the side.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yv8QOGKrrfdhm4-mmEDvnxzqodofPyTw/view?usp=sharing

<https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yv8QOGKrrfdhm4-mmEDvnxzqodofPyTw/view?usp=sharing>

73, de steve ve6wz