Re: Topband: Static Discharge Inductor

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Static Discharge Inductor
From: donovanf@erols.com
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 10:12:30 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Ray,

Simply connect your 160 meter transceiver to a dummy load.
If the VSWR meter in your transceiver isn't accurate, connect
an external VSWR meter. Or use your hand held antenna
analyzer or VNA if its accurate.

Your VSWR should read near 1:1.

Now connect your choke across the dummy load. A properly
built choke should have no effect on the VSWR reading and
as a result will not affect antenna performance.

73
Frank
w3LPL