Re: Topband: Aluminum fence wire for Beverage

To: Peter Krulewitch <epetek1@gmail.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Aluminum fence wire for Beverage
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 11:12:25 +1000
I use 2.5 mm heavy galvanized high-tensile steel fencing wire for my three
2-wire Beverages. It is cheap and easy to find. I purchased a 1500 m roll from
my rural hardware store.
You can pull it tight with a fence wire strainer, and you can go more than 50 m
between supports.
There is some loss noticeable in the reverse direction, compared with the
forward direction, but there is sufficient receiver gain for it not to be a
problem, or warrant a pre-amplifier.
73, Luke VK3HJ.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10