Re: Topband: Dumb mistakes was: "Inverted L Questions"

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Dumb mistakes was: "Inverted L Questions"
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 11:40:12 -0700
On 3/26/2021 7:21 AM, N4ZR wrote:
OK, I did it again. Discovered that I had not connected my radial field to the ground side of my inverted L feedpoint.  It was working just against a single 8-foot ground rod.  The difference is startling - resonance is now at 1825 KHz, and R is down to 40 ohms - still not good, but certainly more what I'd expect.  Curves are way too flat, but ...

Sounds like you have it solved, Pete. And Hank nailed that there was something wrong with the antenna.

73, Jim K9YC