Re: Topband: Helium Ballon & SPE on 160m FT8

To: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Helium Ballon & SPE on 160m FT8
From: Adrian <vk4tux@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 13:07:49 +1000
Hi Luke, I have been working USA without issue, incl last night, However Europe was poor early this morning,

probably due to a slight breeze coming up. which brings the tethered balloon down substantially with a bad angle.

For operation analysis, I usually watch https://wind.willyweather.com.au/qld/darling-downs/laidley-heights.html

for wind conditions , which is useful, but like most weather forecasts, not always accurate, but a good guide.

This Sunday coming looks like a good time to setup again.

73

Adrian Fewster