Re: Topband: Good Conditions, Little Activity

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Good Conditions, Little Activity
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 11:55:18 +1100
Conditions to NA from VK recently have been very poor.
However, from VK to EU over the past week at our sunrise (EU after sunset)  it
has been pretty good, until today. I dragged myself out of bed the past four
mornings (Fri – Mon) and worked some nice DX (on CW) into Europe on Friday and
Saturday. Conditions were reported good for Wed and Thu too. Sunday morning was
the Russian DX Contest, and the band was full of CW signals (so I went back to
bed) but the propagation was obviously decent. This morning, it was as dead as
(insert metaphor of your choice). I expect the current geomagnetic activity has
shut the door.
Hopefully propagation returns before the EU – VK path closes until the end of
the year.
73, Luke VK3HJ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10