Re: Topband: Portable transmit antenna suggestions?

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Portable transmit antenna suggestions?
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 13:24:16 -0500
I have been using Spiderpoles on DXpeditions and at C6AGU for many years. Yes, they are not very strong, but with proper guying, I have seen them stand up to 80 mph winds. For 160, when using top loading, don't use the two top (thinnest) segments as wind loading on the wire can break the thin fiberglass. Use a T configuration with two equal length loading wires. These will better balance the top in strong winds and can act as additional guys.
73 and GL,
George,
AA7JV/C6AGU

On Wed, 10 Mar 2021 09:12:52 -0800