Re: Topband: Antenna thoughts

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna thoughts
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 12:01:01 -0700
If the direction turns out to be favorable, the "L" actually provides a bit of directivity at the expense of filling in the overhead null.

Wes  N7WS

On 3/2/2021 8:28 AM, Thomas Hoyer via Topband wrote:
I changed my home built Battle Creek Special over to a "tee" for 160 last fall and I feel
it performs much better on 160 then the "L" of the BCS did. Due to yard restrictions the
ends of my tee's slope down a bit, one more then the other. Overall height is approx 52' with the
tee wires extending out from there. Had to add a bit of base loading to get a good match.
TomW3TA