Re: Topband: CQ ssb contest

To: Ron Spencer <ron.spencer@zoho.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: CQ ssb contest
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2021 11:01:14 -0800
My general comments about the contest.

Back about 15 years ago - it seemed like there was plenty of activity above
1900.  AA1K spent most of the contest in 1999 kHz.  Maybe it was conditions
- but it seemed to be a lot less going on this year above 1.9 MHz.  I had
what I thought was a pretty good frequency, but struggled to get any kind
of rate and turned off the radio after 21 QSOs.   Seemed like the other
west coast stations were down the band fighting it out with the East Coast
QRM.

I'll be back on later tonight and try again.  I re-tuned my antenna for the
"156 meter band".

Tree N6TR