Re: Topband: Off air

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Off air
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 23:30:33 +1100
Mail from the reflector has caught up here. There was an issue with my mail
server.

The Top loaded vertical was removed on the weekend, as the Quarter wave
vertical I am building next to it detuned it. There are two more mast sections
to bolt up with about 5 m of Al mast to go above that. At a height of 28.6 m,
it is resonant at 2245 kHz, so according to my calculations, it should be
resonant on 1825 kHz at around 35 m without top loading.
Completion will have to wait until next week, as this weekend I will be
spending four days cycling in the Victorian Alps, so I’m saving my climbing
legs for that!
73, de Luke VK3HJ.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10