Re: Topband: The Magic-T

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: The Magic-T
From: fmoeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2021 19:53:00 -0500
Steve, Thank you Steve I always enjoy your videos. Will watch it later. Thanks
Fred KB4QZH
-------- Original message --------From: VE6WZ_Steve <ve6wz@shaw.ca> Date:
2/9/21  5:46 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: topband <topband@contesting.com> Subject:
Topband: The Magic-T Today I uploaded a video to my RX series which explains
the Magic-T combiner.I have received a few emails asking me “how do I make the
magic-T”? so I thought a video would be helpful.I show the method for winding
and building the Magic-T combiner and I explain how it is used in phased RX
antennas.The associated 2:1 impedance transformer is discussed, and I show the
difference between an isolated and auto-transformer architecture.I also discuss
an error that can be made when building phased RX antennas if care is not taken
to avoid an unintentional 180 phase shift at one of the elements, especially if
using home-brew matching boxes.YouTube video: https://youtu.be/_Bbt1IcC4b
<https://youtu.be/_Bbt1IcC4b>-73, de steve ve6wz_________________Searchable
Archives: http://www.contesting.com/_topband - Topband Reflector