Topband: 160m FCP Problem

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: 160m FCP Problem
From: Steve Smith via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2021 10:08:59 +0000 (GMT)
Hi All I sent this email to Guy but he maybe busy just now so thought I would
ask for advice here..The FCP antenna is working well now have 116 countries on
top band and hopefully more to come.The question I was wanting to ask was on
your site with regards to efficiency, I have the vertical section now up about
48 feet and the rest horizontal to towards the apex of the house.The
couterpoise is at 8ft from ground level but i used my rigexpert analyser to
check values at the feedpoint and i think something is wrong as you say the R
value should be 30 to 35 ohms when X=0 but on my system i am getting R=57 and
X=0 is this odd or do i have a problem I have checked inside the balun Designs
box and no water ingress at all any help or advise would be appreciated.Lastly
i also tried the Method A using a variable capacitor after first pruning R to
50 ohms then when i bring in the variable capacitor the r value goes up and x
value cant be brought down to 0. Surely if you move the knob to move t
 he fins R value will increase as well as X value bit stuck here here any help
appreciated.

The variable capacitor is up to 600 puff but maybe im doing something wrong but
i have a cable link from antenna side fcp to connection on variable capacitor
then antenna vertical wire on other connection.

Cheers

Steve

MM0SAJ