Re: Topband: KD9SV hardware loss reverse direction

To: Andree DL8LAS <dl8las@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: KD9SV hardware loss reverse direction
From: Andrey Fedorishchev <ra6lbs@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2021 13:54:14 +0300
Hello Andree,

The loss you observe primarily depends on a loss in WD-1 wire used as in a
transmition line mode.

As wire made by different manufactures, with different polyethylene, steel
and copper strands, and tolerances in size its impedance is different.

And of course mismatch in transformers occurs increasing the “loss” you
observe.

From our experience at LowBandSystems we believe 150-200 meters is a
practical limit for this type of wire to be used in a transmition  line
mode.

But it should be checked.

Anyhow WD-1 is a cheap and good solution for those with limited property
not allowing to install a long beverages.

Вт, 5 янв. 2021 г. в 13:14, Andree DL8LAS via Topband <

--
Andrey Fedorishchev,
RA6LBS

http://lowbandsystems.com/