Topband: Elevated Radials - will radials on ground help?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Elevated Radials - will radials on ground help?
From: dan@np2j.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 07:58:53 -0600
Hello fellow Topbanders!

Had lots of fun in the Stew, thanks for the contacts everyone!

Looking forward to the CQ160 and as always trying to find a way to improve antenna performance.... so looking for advice

I am currently using a pair of Inverted L's each having a single elevated radial.
The feedpoint's and elevated radials are 10-12 feet above ground.
The soil is fairly rocky.
Also quite a bit of "Bush" growing fairly high except below elevated radials where I have trimmed back the bush.

I am wondering if I should lay radials on the ground, particulary near the feedpoint's?
Any advice??

73
Dan K8RF/NP2J