Re: Topband: Low dipole antennas

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low dipole antennas
From: Bob Kile <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2020 12:25:00 +0000
Regarding this thread I offer the following:

In a rare occasion based on location with the proper terrain a dipole or Extended Zepp may offer increased performance.  In this case steep sloping terrain with antenna suspended on the slope pointing in the favored direction. Les A. Moxon (1993). /HF Antennas for All Locations/ (2 ed.). Radio Society of Great Britain. ISBN <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISBN_(identifier)> 1-872309-15-1 <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:BookSources/1-872309-15-1>.

Statistically I offer the following from my location in Arizona. Verticals rule making the extra one or two hops far more reliably.

Bob W7RH

--
W7RH DM35OJ

 “Small is the number of people who see with their eyes and think with their minds.”
– Albert Einstein