Re: Topband: ARRL 160m

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160m
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2020 08:25:00 -0500
I missed you, Roger, I tried to get on Saturday and everything was working great, but a bad storm was coming through with heavy wet snow. There was all sorts of static and my TX antenna VSWR was going up fast. The amplifier was not happy. I quit for dinner and then lost AC power. It was off for a few days. When it came back, all my beverage receiving antennas did not work. I went out to look them all over and they are all broken with the wires under 10 or 11 inches of frozen snow that acts like cement. There are so many trees down that I can not move around easily. The roads are all blocked. I had 8 receiving wires and all of them are wrecked. My TX antenna is loaded with frozen snow and ice. It has not gone above freezing since.  I am QRT for awhile.

Dave K1WHS